Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Changes are A-Commin'

I have a nasty head cold. And my only relief is Sudafed which I have to take sparingly (so it gets me through the sleeping hours). That means all day I have a congested nose, sinus pressure, clogged ears, a red, red nose (The help desk guys were trying to give me a reindeer nickname), and a wonky state of mind.
I will never take DayQuil for granted again.
Oh- and all this nose blowing has given me a chapped nose and two bloody noses. Joy!


My boss called me today. He asked me to reconsider moving to Chicago (he had mentioned it months ago, but I declined). He offered me a job as an Operations Manager (basically his job). He needs help since he has doubled his clientele and IST has given him clearance to hire another Operations Manager.
I mentioned the big issue: selling our house (we lost almost 10K on it). He said the salary would be worth it. I checked what the position pays: $45K - $250K. Since its Chicago, its going to be close to $60,000/year.
There are so many things to consider:
1. Richard - he has expressed interest in moving there, but can he transfer or find a new job
2. How much can we sell our house for (we don't want to lose money)
3. The baby. Daycare.
4. You. I vowed never to move away from you again
5. Richard's family. His mom freaked out the last time Richard brought it up.

Yikes.

No comments: