Wednesday, March 26, 2008

change of scenery


As a best friend, I will say this: Congratulations! How wonderful for you to have that vote of encouragement from your job! And I know you've been needing a change of scenery, and I think Richard is willing to support you and to shift as well.

As a best friend, I will also say: You need to do what is best for you, what is best for your family.

And as a person who is completely selfish, I will say: DON'T GO! You can't leave me! I was just bemoaning to Ryan about you live too far away as it is, and we needed to find some way to get you two to move down here. (That way, little Iago can really have me as a teacher.)

And as a person who is completely selfish, I will say: The housing in and around Chicago is insanely expensive, and do you really want Iago to be raised there? I mean, Illinois? Really? Just talk to Ryan about how wonderful childhood in Illinois can be... You just can't take little Iago away from his aunt.

But the truth is, I will support you no matter what you decide. Shifting options, whatnot. I had applied to all those schools, FSU and Emerson and all else, not because I thought I would ever go, but because I wanted to know if I could. Then the option presented itself and my mind roiled. Just as maybe yours is now. Temptation.

I hope you stay though. Or move here. I'm selfish like that.

No comments: